Saturday 13 October 2007

Picaso! No?..No!!

Night of 26th, I spend my time hanging around in the living room. Turning on the dvd and there I go, starting my art painting. It is just like my secondary years. Most of my art work are done in the living room while watching tv. It have not change till now. By learning the movement, interpretation, techniques and meanings in Intro to Design class, we're required to hand in our own masterpieces. 3 paintings and each tells a story. At first was a video of Picaso (Urgh boring) then we have to look for movements of art. I liked De Stijl. It is more to my type of paintings. Geometrical shapes and directions. Instead of copying it, I went to look for other movements. I found Lyrical Abstract. With Audrey's suggestion, it suits me well and the idea of doing it also sounds nice. At the end, I couldn't use that artist's painting as I couldn't find more information about him! So came Concrete art. It is familiar to De Stijl. Immediately came the idea of my 3 paintings. Yay! Each painting relates to my growth timeline. Each colors refers to my thinking and yeah! It is a 'about me' story to be found in the art pieces. So do tell me what you see in the 3 paintings! I hope the lectures get what I'm trying to say through the art work.


Past : The childhood


Present : Teenager


Future : Adult

1 comment:

Adeline said...

if i were to do the assignment, my paintings will be very much different from yours. Mine would be very expressive and has lots of swirls n curves. Btw, i like guessing and analysing things, so let me guess wat u r trying to say in ur 3 paintings. See i'm rite anot...hehe. Your past painting has only 3 columns with bright red as the dominant colour ( and mostly warm colours). I'm thinking that you were happy and had enjoyed your childhood and liked to learn about the world. Very positive and looked forward to the future. While for the present painting, you have more columns coz you learnt more as u aged. Plus, one very obvious thing is dat the colours are very different from the past.It has duller colours, like light brown and purple...I'm thinking you are going through a phase in your life. Looking at that painting, i sense some sadness that you are not able to tell people. You are going through some rough patches or you are exposed to the unknown. While the third painting is very different from the second. Having alot of red, yellow and blue. Red i believe is happiness while yellow is success. Blue is career i guess. The overall colour tone of your last painting is very bright so i guess u look more forward to the future.The first thing dat i notice of the 3rd painting is how striking n the position of the yellow colour captured my attention. So dats y i think is success in life.While the blue is everywhere. I'm guessing it's either career or your personality (ahem, maybe wisdom) has become better and better.....There's only a white segment for each of the paintings. I'm guessing that's the inner peace or a personal space that you would like to have.The black colour for the last painting represent the past, mistakes and faults that have made you grown, and it will always remain in your memory. Right anot?? haha. I love analysing things like dat. Give me more paintings or designs to analyse!!!