Sunday 25 January 2009

Decos

Strolling around city of Kuala Lumpur, you lift up your head. You see street lights with the sky as the background. You see skyscrapers that are not really that tall other than the Twin Towers of course..What else do you see?

Since it's Chinese New Year, you surely expect to feel the festive celebration. You stroll along the main famous streets of Kuala Lumpur... It's no longer like the old days where there are lanterns and lights and greetings on. This Chinese New Year in Kuala Lumpur is rather 'emotionless', just like the normal days in Kuala Lumpur. Where you will be in a city and feel the city rather a city filled with culture.

I wonder what had happened to the usual decorations? Even Raya has their decorations (Not being racist but to compare the fairness) why didn't Chinese New Year? I thought Malaysia is all about the unification of the three main races? Being united and colorful regardless the skin color?

As heard that the City Hall has no money for decorations this season. I really wonder where had the income tax and all tax tax tax has gone to? To anywhere that is useful I hope.

I dare say, I'm actually a Malaysian that doesn't read the newspaper, not keeping myself update about what the country is doing, so does the rest of the world. All I know is to live my life, but regarding this matter, I really wonder....

No comments: