Monday 26 November 2007

DayS with Grandpa

Grandpa requested for help! Yep, It's a favour. He wants me to help him on some 'handcraft' in his office. My grandpa is in his 70's. He drives an old Volvo. Still working and earning a living for grandma to spend. He works as an admin/manager and his job is to manage the whole association. What club again? It's Malaysian Quarries Association. If you're taking building materials, YES! It's something to do with Granite and etc. The purpose of the association is to assist Quarries under the association. It serves the same purpose like other Malaysia's Association like Malaysian Consumer Association (Persatuan Pengguna) or Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA).

Woke up early in the morning to avoid me being late for first day of 'working with him'. Basically Mom did brief me what is it about and how it supposedly to be done but after me seeing the exact size of the thing?!?! WOW! Didn't expect it to be so huge!

My assigned job is to locate the quarries position in Peninsular Malaysia. In other words, ALL?!?!? Well, I actually imagined the size when Mom described about the work. I didn't expect it to be this HUGE?

It's shocking to see such a thing. Well, It's a Map that is stucked to a pinboard. First I need to find all quarries in Peninsular Malaysia and pin them up. According to grandpa, there is around 200 of them widely spread from the north to the south. Aiks @.@ . Took me an hour to pin everything and Grandpa started to time me instead. He said 'It's already an hour'. I feel like fainting. It's alot of them and it's not easy to read the map (Simple to say, the map isn't a USER FRIENDLY thing)

After Pin-ing everything, I start to tie threads around them and link them to quarries located in designated areas. Not just that, it have to be colour coordinated. Gold and Green threads. Each are to be used in alternatively according to states. Awhile later, he came to see my process of doing it. He want the quarries to be listed like this way and the thread to be that way. Conclusion Guys! I have to redo everything from scratch, excluding the pin part. I think half way through Johor state, he asked me whether I need to head to Hilton. I confessed to him and he let me go!

I went hilton and to spot flaws. In the end, I've decided to do the vineyard. About the progress of Hilton, It's doing fine. I GUESS? Do come and check it out on 1st December. I'm not gonna publish photos here untill the official date. ^^

It seems that I can't finish it by myself so I drag Cassandra(Sister) along to help out. She started to 'wyn' about the workload. Cass, I know you're reading this! ^^ Something motivated us to speed up our process of work. Samantha (Cousin) called and drag us to the Live & Loud Concert! Our speed on doing the work were tremendously acelerating! Up to 120km per hour. Neh just joking. At the end, we couldn't manage to finish it. We rushed to the concert instead(Full detail on next post).

Next day, We woke up late and heard from Grandma that he was 'merajuk' that we woke up late. Arrived to work at 1300hrs. I actually motivated Cass to rush everything and it works! Trying to speed up so I can go Hilton and she can head home for her MapleSea.

At last...We actually finished everything at 1600hrs ++. Took me 3 days!! Grandpa was impressed and he is looking forward for future collaborations. aiks @.@ Hope no disaster in future...^^

Owh yeah, Didn't mention that Grandpa actually tried to help but he ended up in dizzy-ness. He said the map is too complicated.

No comments: