Friday 22 June 2007

My Story

My Story
Time flies like a roll of film. Every moment of memories pass by just like a single snap. Yep, it is easy to snap your fingers. Same goes for time. For all these while, I had been disappeared. No blog updates, no new pictures. It’s funny to tell you that no matter what reasons I say, it is still an excuse. Lazy would be the word.

After SPM
After my SPM, I’ve applied for a few jobs which ended up me choosing the job and not the job choose me. There is a desired job I always wanted unfortunately happens to be ‘job choose me’. It’s a high pay job and I’ve been looking forward working for them since my form 5. Straight after SPM, I applied for the job and the receptionist said wait for the call and that was December 2006. Sigh; kindly please be informed that today is 22nd June 2007. Wanna know what happened? I went for an interview in Madam Kwan which pisses me off also caused me to dislike and hated that restaurant. The day followed by Sony Style. The interview is kind of interesting, fun and relaxing. I still remember her name and of course, they rang me up the following day and told me to start work on 7th January which is fine with me better than sitting at home doing nothing watching the day flies by.

Sony Time
The whole period working with SONY is fun. Talking to customers, sharing thoughts and of course, quarrel with them (Those who think they are right but they are wrong). This is the so called ‘Sony Style Experience’ quoted by the management. At some point, I still think that they attempt to brain wash us and hypnotize us stating ‘Sony Is COOL!’ which I think they have accomplished this mission. Take me for example, almost everything is SONY. ‘Pride Of Ownership’ or ‘Like.No.Other’ these are the words of wisdom quoted by the management and during training sessions. Unfortunately, WE (The labeled workers, part-timers) are not grateful with the creation of ‘Word of Wisdom’. We always tease around and misinterpret the word with our creative and genius ideas. Not to forget that it is also a back up word upon collection for ‘Voice Of Customers’. Being a Sony Styler, the cons are No discounts, No pay for early arrival and charges for late arrival. Would you like to know about the charges? Let me tell you, Late a minute, half an-hour pay gone hence late an hour, vanish 2 hours pay. Isn’t it a perfect plan? Ok, Enough about cons. What about the pros? A bunch of Sony dinners, Premium goods, Incentives and Lee Hom tickets. Not to forget about the back stabbers. You wouldn’t enjoy working there even if the pay is high. Trust me.

Sony Like.No.Other
Mid April 2007. A colleague of mine resigned. The reason written in the letter was ‘explore different job field’ but the truth was she can’t stand it anymore. Sony once had 2 different batches of part timers. Since then, no more batches was formed. What I meant by ‘batch’ is that a time where a group of part timers started the work at the same time not knowing each other before and became friends during the working period. Of course, there would be after work ‘batch activities’ just like normal group hang outs. According to seniors, very seldom a batch were formed. Each workers mind their own business. For this batch is different, a unity existed in the batch. It all started during January when we just joined Sony. The first training was held by Cindy. A great trainer which I don’t understand why ‘backstabber’ replaced her later. Plus the ‘backstabber’ isn’t a very good presenter anyways. No charisma points. Back to the point, What Cindy did was ‘shoo’ all seniors out of the room and we’re the only ones left. She started with getting close with us. Asking what we think and also interactive activities among us. There is Ray, Shu Ying, Victor, Joshua and Me. Soon, a new part timer comes in, Chris. All of us work together, had fun together.

Resignation
Later, Ray resigned. Left the 5 of us. Along the way, comes a new part timer then it left few days later. Compare to us, I think we’re kinda strong in a way whereby we could survive this long. Sounds like it is a daily tough life. I have to agree with that. Back to the main point. ‘I’m tired of working with ‘Sony’ appeared in my mind. Soon, I turn in my letter of resignation. The letter was simple and straight forward as I didn’t state my reason. The first thing manager asked me was ‘Why? May I know what is the reason?’ I gave him my answer after a short pause with my mind questioning should I tell him? ‘Management Problem’. Yeah that was my answer which is the MOST honest answer I gave. Since that moment, I know I am screwed for the next two weeks. Soon, everyone knows about my resignation as well the reason although I keep it low profile. As I know, there some innocent seniors. They questioned my why I said that whereby I didn’t meant them. Hope they understand. Days after my resignation, they held a meeting on this matter. The outcome was a happy ending where the evil ones receive justice! Wakakakaka sounds like they got fired. Nope, they got scolding and a bunch of rules were created.


Reliance Travel Where Operations Begins
She got offered for two jobs. She can only choose one job. The job with the lower pay of what she thinks she would learn a lot from that job. Another one she suggested me to attend the interview. The interview sucked but I got the job. No idea why, but the interviewer blew me a cold wind. My job, a replacer for this lady who is going for her maternity leave. My job is kind of complicated. http://www.pyotravel.com/ and http://asia.hotemart.com/. These are the websites I’m going to lay my eyes on at all times. When you proceed a booking, the booking reservation will drop to my stations. Each locations got their own stations while mine includes, Europe, U.S, 70% of China, 60% of Japan, Indonesia, India, 50% of Philippines, New Zealand, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, South Africa, Brunei, Egypt, Mauritius, Sri Lanka and Canada. Normal working hours, 9a.m – 6p.m weekdays, and alternate Saturdays. Compare to Sony, I have to work shifts, and it is either 9a.m - 6p.m or 1p.m – 10p.m. Break Time would be an hour but for my current job, my lunch time is from 12p.m - 2p.m. It’s gonna end soon as my contract ends at 30th June. And of course, college years, here I come! 6th July… Looking forward.

Jonathan

No comments: