Saturday 23 June 2007

Exhibition Camp
It started with frustration. Its 9.30p.m! Still not moving yet. By the time I reached there, Zhen Sern was there. As soon as I get down the car, I already expected he would complain and nag about no one arrive yet and he had waited for 1 hour and half. As he said he would complain about it when everyone arrives. He did and I got the scolding for nothing although I did inform her, Mahani and other attendants that I will be late. Anyways, I wouldn’t care much as I had done what I am supposed to do. Friday night fever turns to Friday night suffer. You wouldn’t know how suffering the night was. It was boring and tired (gained from work – Arab Booking, will talk about it) not to forget, sleepy. The night started with juniors plan their campsite and gadgets. While the seniors help out in a kind of way. Then it all flushed as droplets of rains began to drip. Everyone ended up sitting under the shelter, began to make gadgets. Interestingly, the shoe rack they created looks funny. Then it was 0330. They started to nag about being hungry. Mahani went out to get food, what else? Mamak’s maggi goreng. After her departure, all of them started to fall asleep including me. The next thing comes to my consciousness, its 0530. Tried my best to wake them up but I failed and at the end, I fell asleep too. Next was 0600 and thank god that I managed to wake everyone up. They started to clean up all the mess and went for wash up. Everything done by 0700 and ended up in scout room ‘lepak-ing’ until around 0800. They started to bring out the tables and create a counter for parents to come by. After that…I ended up writing this. Confused? I left after that for work.


Mumbai, 22nd June 2007
It’s a headache case. Guest would be checking in on 23rd June 2007 which is today. I sent the mail to Mumbai supplier, Mr Deepak. But surprisingly, the mail I received is from Rajesh. Not sure is he new but the rates he replied me are incorrect. Usually when rates are wrong meant they aren’t sure about our contract rates and also when an email with rates is already proven booking confirmed. Unfortunately, I have to call him during my lunch hour and got hold on the phone for quite a long time. At the end, yeah they got the rates wrong and he requested me to send him a guarantee ( Full payment, confirmed going. Any cancellation, shorten stay, no show and amendment will be liable to charges ). After I got the email regarding the rates, I informed the guest that rooms are Guarantee arrival and I quickly send a guarantee email to Rajesh. Soon, a replied email from Rajesh stating that hotel is fully booked. Very pissed at that moment, called him up and yelled at the phone not to forget that I passed the phone to the superior. At the end, I decided to call Deepak. He managed to get rooms for me and of course he sounded humble than before. I also heard him scolding Rajesh while I put him on hold. Ha ha very happy but tired after the incident. Really made me worried for nothing.

No comments: