Tuesday 13 January 2009

Technology & Library?


Ah! Cash notes. How I wish I have unlimited supply of it.

I've learned a lesson today. NEVER EVER TRUST TECHNOLOGY! Yes, technology does give us support, convenient for us and bla bla bla.

Stupid Friggin Tan Sri Loy Hean Heong Library! We were educated in the library workshop in July'07 and for the first time, I actually used the Iportal book renewal system due to overseas unable to return books. I renewed all three of my Building services books via Iportal, volume I, II & III.

After returning from Shanghai, I immediately return the book as it's due on the 26th.

Today I tried to borrow 5 books from that friggin library and it rejects my student ID and saying I got penaltied for RM27!! Any penalties over RM5, account will be barred till fines are cleared. I expect the charges might be around RM10 + due to late renewal and etc.

Seems like the system stated that my Building Services volume I did not 'renew'. I find it shocking cz I had it arranged in order from volume I to III when I was renewing it online. It stated to me that it is successful and new due date is on 26th December 2008. Now? The system shows I did not renew.

Common sense and logical thinking! Why wouldn't I renew Volume I and continue get fine while I renewed my volume II & III? They're friggin not making any senses at all! Too oblige towards what is there is the system. I went to talk to the library authorities in the office, she insisted that I must be fined! She said Workshops always told students to beware of the renewal system. I told her that our workshop did not inform us anything regarding about the system going faulty! Even they know faulty might happen, why wouldn't they fix that bloddy faulty system??

At the end, she says she will pass it to her colleague to investigate! Dang it! My chances are slim as I assume... Wish me luck then...

2 comments:

動 Orson said...

wish u luck...
although the penalty amt not big...haa

Jonathan aka Lil' Boy said...

u pay for me la...haha